5 PLACES TO SEE SANTA IN LEICESTERSHIRE – Christmas is so nearly upon you, this year has passed in the blink of an eye and now its a mad rush to get everything planned…the most pressing question is ‘Where can you take the kids to see Santa in Northamptonshire or Leicestershire?’ Well we have it covered for you with our top 5 recommendations for something a little different! Make some fun memories and treat the children…and yourselves! A trip to the farm, a luxury afternoon tea, a train ride, a photoshoot or a local theme park…the choice is yours!
5 PLACES TO SEE SANTA IN LEICESTERSHIRE
1. West Lodge Farm
Beginning on the weekend of the 27th of November, a Christmas Experience at West Lodge farm is a magical Christmas journey for the whole family to enjoy. As normal, there is access to the animals and free play areas to explore, alongside all the additional festivities too. On arrival, a Christmas passport is allocated to you to begin the magic, followed by the option to explore the Christmas Wood, visiting the elves village and entering the elf school.
As if that wasn’t already enough Christmas magic to enjoy, the live nativity play (with live farm animals!) An opportunity to write your letter to Father Christmas at the Elves post office, and then of course a visit to Father Christmas himself! All of this, and more, is priced at only £26 per child, £7 per baby and £10.50 per adult. Discounts apply to annual pass holders too.
West Lodge farm is located on the Back Lane in Desborough, Northamptonshire.
2. Wicksteed Park
From the weekend of the 27th of November, The Magical Wicksteed 2021 guests will follow their cheeky elf host through our festive journey, stopping off to see Mrs Clause and Santa’s reindeer on the way, with a final destination to our Magical Wicksteed grotto where Santa will meet every family individually and give each child a wonderful toy from his workshop. This year, Magical Wicksteed guests can enjoy ALL of our rides and attractions in the adventure zone and of course our wonderful festive train as they are included in the price, allowing you to enjoy a whole day of fun! Prices begin at £19.50 per child and £18.50 per adult.
Wicksteed Park is located in Kettering, Northamptonshire.
Wrap up warm and get ready for a silly Elf adventure as you arrive at Waterside Winter Wonderland, where Santa’s Chief Elf and his team will send you through Watersides Enchanted Forest and the Valley of Christmas Lights to discover Santa’s Woodland Grotto. This is your chance to tell Santa that you have been good, and fingers crossed, he may share some pre-Christmas presents!
4. Manor Farm, East Leake, LE12
Join us on the farm this Christmas to visit Santa and his reindeer in our Woodland Wonderland and explore the Elves’ Village.
Our Christmas event will be running:
- Every weekend from 26th November 2022 until Christmas Eve.
- Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th December.
- Daily from Monday 19th until Saturday 24th December.
- Visit Santa in his grotto and choose a toy from his woodland toy shop (must be pre-booked online in advance).
- Say hello to Santa’s reindeer and feed them a tasty treat (reindeer food available at £2 per bag).
- Enjoy our festive scavenger hunt as you explore the Elves’ Village.
- Watch our Christmas pantomime (choose from seven show times each day on a ‘first come, first served’ basis – specific shows cannot be pre-booked).
- Decorate a gingerbread biscuit in Mrs Claus’ house.
- Write a letter to Santa and post it in our special postbox.
- Make magical reindeer food to take home and sprinkle on your lawn.
- Enjoy a slice of toast from the Christmas campfire.
- Spend a full day on the farm, meeting all the animals and playing in the indoor and outdoor play areas.
5. Great Central Railway
Great Central Railway is located in Loughborough, Leicestershire
Beginning on December the 1st, right up until Christmas Eve, Santa swaps his sleigh for a fun filled journey on an enchanting steam train. Ride aboard The Santa Express and experience Santa Clause surprise your children with an exciting present, a drink and a festive snack for the children, and refreshments available for adults to enjoy too. The train journey takes you through the picturesque Charnwood countryside lasting around 1 hour. Group visits and schools bookings available too. For the Santa deluxe experience, the price is £21 per person.
I hope you liked our recommendations for 5 PLACES TO SEE SANTA IN LEICESTERSHIRE
If you would like to capture Christmas 2023 perfectly then head to our studio in Leicestershire for a Christmas photoshoot, packages starting from just £99, Click HERE to book 🙂
Hope you all have a fab time meeting Santa and making lots of fun memories!